As we are always open to hearing your views, as well as providing you with any additional information you may need regarding the processing of your data, we encourage you to contact the Wine Admire Data Protection Officer at data.protection @ wineadmire.ro[/vc_toggle][vc_empty_space][vc_toggle title=”What categories of personal data do we process” style=”text_only” size=”lg” open=”true” el_id=”1466409091591-468ec8ec-870d”]We generally collect your personal data directly from you, so you have control over the type of information you provide to us. By way of example, we receive information from you as follows:
- When you create a Wine Admire account, send us: email address, first and last name;
- Within your personal page (My Account) in the Wine Admire platform You can add additional information, such as: photo, gender, nickname, mobile phone number, landline number, date of birth, level of education, delivery addresses, alternative e-mail address -mail, bank card details, etc .;
- When you place an order, you provide us with information such as: the desired product, name and surname, delivery address, billing details, payment method, phone number, bank card details, etc.
We also offer you the opportunity to register on the Wine Admire platform through your Facebook or Google account. If you opt for one of these options, you will be directed to a page managed by Facebook Inc / Google LLC, where they will inform you about the transfer of your data to Wine Admire. You can view Facebook and Google privacy policies using the following links:
We may also collect and further process information about your behavior while visiting our website or using your smartphone to personalize your online experience and provide you with tailored offers for your profile. We invite you to find out more details in this regard by consulting the section on the purposes of processing below.
On our website and in the smartphone application we can store and collect information in cookies and similar technologies, according to the Cookies Policy.
We do not collect or otherwise process sensitive data, included in the General Data Protection Regulation in special categories of personal data. We also do not want to collect or process data on minors under the age of 18.[/vc_toggle][vc_empty_space][vc_toggle title=”What are the purposes and grounds of processing” style=”text_only” size=”lg” open=”true”]
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- For the provision of Wine Admire services For your benefit
This general purpose may include, as appropriate, the following:
- Account creation and administration within the Wine Admire platform;
- Order processing, including taking over, validating, shipping and invoicing;
- Resolving cancellations or problems of any kind related to an order, goods or services purchased;
- Return of products according to legal provisions;
- Reimbursement of the value of the products according to the legal provisions;
- Providing support services, including providing answers to your questions about your orders or Wine Admire goods and services.
The processing of your data for these purposes is in most cases necessary for the conclusion and execution of a contract between Wine Admire and you. Certain processing subject to these purposes is also required by applicable law, including tax and accounting law.
- For Improving our services
We always want to offer you the best online shopping experience. For this, we may collect and use certain information in connection with your Buyer’s behavior, we may invite you to complete satisfaction questionnaires subsequent to the completion of an order or we may conduct, directly or with the help of partners, market research and research.
We base these activities on our legitimate interest in doing business, always making sure that your fundamental rights and freedoms are not affected.
- For marketing
We want to keep you informed about the best offers for the products / services that interest you. In this regard, we can send you any type of message (such as: e-mail / SMS / telephone / mobile push / web push / etc.) Containing general and thematic information, information on products similar or complementary to those on that you have purchased, information about offers or promotions, information about products added to the “My Account / Cart” section or the “Account / Favorites” section, or that you have shown interest in purchasing them, as well as other commercial communications such as market research and opinion polls, and we can display personalized recommendations on the website and in the smartphone app. In order to provide you with information of interest to you, we may use certain data about your buyer behavior (eg products viewed / added to your wishlist / purchased) to create a profile for you. We always make sure that these processing is carried out in compliance with your rights and freedoms, and that the decisions taken on the basis of them have no legal effect on you and do not affect you in a similar way to a significant extent.
In most cases, we base our marketing communications on your prior consent. You may change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time by:
- Change client account settings in the “Preferences” section;
- Accessing the unsubscribe link displayed in the messages you receive from us;
- or by contacting Wine Admire using the contact details described above.
In certain situations, we may base our marketing activities on our legitimate interest in promoting and developing our business. In any case where we use information about you for our legitimate interest, we take care and take all necessary measures to ensure that your fundamental rights and freedoms are not affected. However, you can ask us at any time, by the means described above, to stop the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes, and we will process your request.
- To defend our legitimate interests
There may be situations in which we use or transmit information to protect our rights and business. These may include:
- Measures to protect the website and users of the Wine Admire platform from cyber attacks:
- Measures to prevent and detect fraudulent attempts, including the transmission of information to the competent public authorities;
- Measures to manage various other risks.
The general basis of these types of processing is our legitimate interest in defending our business, being understood that we ensure that all the measures we take guarantee a balance between our interests and your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Also, in certain cases we base the processing on legal provisions such as the obligation to ensure the protection of goods and values provided by the applicable legislation in this matter.
[/vc_toggle][vc_empty_space][vc_toggle title=”As long as we keep your personal data” style=”text_only” size=”lg” open=”true”]As a general rule, we will store your personal data as long as you have an account on the Wine Admire platform. You may request us to delete certain information or close your account at any time, and we will respond to such requests, subject to the retention of certain information, including after closing your account, where applicable law or our legitimate interests so require.[/vc_toggle][vc_empty_space][vc_toggle title=”To whom we transmit your personal data” style=”text_only” size=”lg” open=”true”]Where applicable, we may transmit or provide access to certain personal data of yours to the following categories of recipients:
- companies within the same group of companies as Wine Admire;
- courier service providers;
- payment / banking service providers;
- marketing / telemarketing service providers;
- market research service providers;
- insurance companies;
- IT service providers;
- other companies with which we can develop joint programs to offer our goods and services on the market.
If we have a legal obligation, or if it is necessary to defend a legitimate interest, we may also disclose certain personal data to public authorities.
We ensure that access to your data by third parties under private law is made in accordance with the legal provisions on data protection and confidentiality of information, based on contracts concluded with them.[/vc_toggle][vc_empty_space][vc_toggle title=”In which countries do we transfer your personal data” style=”text_only” size=”lg” open=”true”]We currently store and process your personal data in Romania.
However, we may transfer certain of your personal data to entities located in the European Union or outside the Union, including in countries for which the European Commission has not recognized an adequate level of protection of personal data.
We will always take steps to ensure that any international transfer of personal data is carefully managed in order to protect your rights and interests. Transfers to service providers and other third parties will always be protected by contractual commitments and, where appropriate, by other guarantees, such as standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission or certification schemes, such as the Privacy Shield for the protection of personal data. transferred from within the EU to the United States.
You can contact us at any time, using the contact details set out above, to find out more about the countries in which we transfer your data, as well as the guarantees we have put in place regarding these transfers.[/vc_toggle][vc_empty_space][vc_toggle title=”How we protect the security of your personal data” style=”text_only” size=”lg” open=”true”]We are committed to ensuring the security of personal data by implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures, according to industry standards.
The transmission of your personal data is done using state-of-the-art encryption algorithms to store them on secure servers, while ensuring data redundancy.
We use PayU payment processor services to make payments. Any payment information is encrypted using HTTPS technology with TLS 1.2 encryption.
Despite the measures taken to protect your personal data, we warn you that the transmission of information via the Internet, in general, or through other public networks, is not completely secure, there is a risk that the data may be seen and used by third parties. unauthorized. We cannot be held responsible for such vulnerabilities in systems that are beyond our control.[/vc_toggle][vc_empty_space][vc_toggle title=”What rights do you have?” style=”text_only” size=”lg” open=”true”]The General Data Protection Regulation gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal data. You may request access to your data, correct any errors in our files and / or object to the processing of your personal data. You may also exercise your right to complain to the competent supervisory authority or to go to court. Where applicable, you may also have the right to request the deletion of your personal data, the right to restrict the processing of your data and the right to data portability.
More information about each of these rights can be obtained by consulting the table below.
In order to exercise your rights, you can contact us using the contact details listed above. Please note the following if you wish to exercise these rights:
We take the confidentiality of all records containing personal data seriously. For this reason, please send us your requests regarding such Registrations using the email address associated with your Wine Admire account. Otherwise, we reserve the right to verify your identity by requesting additional information for the purpose of confirming your identity.
We will not charge you a fee to exercise any rights in your data. personal, unless your request. access to information is unfounded, respectively repetitive or excessive, in which case we will charge a reasonable amount in such circumstances. We will inform you of any fees applied before resolving your application.
Response time .
We intend to respond to any valid requests within a maximum of one month, unless this is particularly complicated or if you have made several requests, in which case we will respond within a maximum of two months. We will let you know if we need more than a month. We may ask you if you can tell us exactly what you want to receive or what worries you. This will help us act faster and shorten the response time to your request.
Third party rights.
We must not comply with a request if it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other data subjects.
You can ask us:
- to confirm if we process your personal data;
- provide you with a copy of this data;
- to provide you with other information about your personal data, such as the data we have, what we use it for, to whom we disclose it, if we transfer it abroad and how we protect it, how long we keep it, what rights you have , how can you make a complaint, from where we obtained your data, To the extent that the information has not already been provided to you by this information.
You may ask us to correct or complete your inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
We may try to verify the accuracy of the data before rectifying it.
You can ask us to delete your personal data, but only if:
- they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected; or
- you withdrew your consent (if the data processing was based on consent); or
- exercise a legal right to oppose; or
- they have been processed illegally; or
- we have a legal obligation in this regard.
We have no obligation to comply with your request. to delete your data personal processing of your data personal information is required:
- for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of a right in court.
There are certain other circumstances in which we are not required to comply with your request. data deletion, although these are the two most likely circumstances in which we may deny you this request.
Please note that before exercising this right, you must download from your Wine Admire account and save all documents related to orders made from Wine Admire, regardless of whether the invoicing was made to you or to another natural or legal person (such as be: invoices, warranty certificates). If you do not do this before exercising your right to delete, you will lose all these documents and Wine Admire will be unable to make them available to you, as appropriate, because the process of deleting data and account Wine Admire, with all its data and documents, is an irreversible process.
Restricting data processing
You can ask us to restrict the processing of personal data, but only if:
- their accuracy is contested (see rectification section) to allow us to verify their accuracy; or
- processing is illegal, but you do not want the data to be deleted; or
- they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, but you need them to establish, exercise or defend a right in court; or
- you have exercised your right to object, and verification that our rights prevail is ongoing.
We may continue to use your data. as a result of a request for a restriction, if:
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise or ensure the defense of a right in court; or
- to protect the rights of Wine Admire or any other natural or legal person.
You can ask us to provide you with personal data in a structured, commonly used and automatically readable format, or you can request that it be “ported” directly to another data controller, but in each case only if:
- processing is based on your consent. or on the conclusion or execution of a contract with you; and
- processing is done by automatic means.
You may object at any time, for reasons related to your particular situation, to the processing of your data. personal in accordance with our legitimate interest, if you consider that your rights and freedoms. fundamental prevails over this interest.
You may also object at any time to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the creation of profiles), without giving any reason, in which case we will stop this processing as soon as possible.
Automatic decision making
You can request not to be subject to a decision based solely on automatic processing, but only when that decision:
- produces legal effects on you; or
- it affects you in a similar way and to a significant extent.
This right shall not apply if the decision reached following the automatic decision-making:
- we are required to enter into or enter into a contract with you;
- is authorized by law and there are adequate guarantees for your rights and freedoms; or
- is based on your explicit consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority regarding the processing of your data. personal. In Romania, the contact details of the data protection supervisory authority are the following:
National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing
B-dul G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru no. 28-30, Sector 1, postal code 010336, Bucharest, Romania
Phone: +40.318.059.211 or +40.318.059.212;
Without prejudice to your right to contact the supervisory authority at any time, please contact us in advance, and we promise that we will make every effort to resolve any issue amicably.
We remind you that you can contact the Wine Admire Data Protection Officer at any time by submitting your request in any of the following ways:
¬ by e-mail to: email@example.com [/vc_toggle][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/12″][/vc_column][/vc_row]